You've mastered firing up the grill and perfecting the best slab of ribs on Earth, or at least you dreamed of it. Settle for something a bit more simple and surprise yourself with this simple dish.
Drew Brees couldn’t pass this up and neither should you.
New Orleans might be well known for its night life and insane street celebrations, but it’s also known as one of the food capitals of the U.S. In fact, you can find one of televisions most famous chef’s there, Emeril Lagasse. His famed flagship restaurant is housed in a renovated pharmacy warehouse in New Orleans’ Warehouse District and cooks up some good a** food.
But, shelling out an insane amount of money for simple dishes isn’t always on the menu. The iconic Po’ Boy is one of those dishes that every guy should know how to make. And, if you don’t it’s okay because we have you covered. Besides, this is arguably one of the most simple recipes you can do yourself without having a brain aneurysm.
So how do you make it? Good question.
Obviously the first step is to gather all the necessary ingredients. The list isn’t that long and you should be able to find everything at your local market.
- 1 lb shrimps, peeled and de-veined
- spice rub (1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp garlic powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 1
- tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper) or use any rub you have on hand.
- 1 french baguette, cut into fourths and toasted
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 tbsp Red Clay Bourbon Barrel Aged Verde Hot Sauce
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- handful of arugula
Now That you’ve got that out of the way, only thing left to do is to get down to the business of cooking. It’s only three steps which shouldn’t scare you half-to-death, and if so, you probably shouldn’t be cooking at all.
- Heat a drizzle of oil a large skillet over medium high heat. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and sprinkle with the spice rub. Add the shrimp to the hot pan and saute for 4-5 minutes, flipping occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Combine mayo and hot sauce, spread on baguette, layer on tomato, arugula and shrimp.
- Top with a couple more dashes of hot sauce.
Get the goods at Mantry.com