Lately, we’ve been trying to understand why carrying a flask has become a taboo practice. I mean, we all need a sip or two to get us through the ups and downs of daily life. This being said, let’s take a gander at what it takes to perfect your breast pocket canteen game. Additionally, let’s consider the best instances to partake of its contents. Choosing the proper vessel to store your preferred spirit of choice is of premium importance. Stay clear of knockoff, bargain buys from discount tobacco shops.
Choosing the wrong flask can taint the taste and consistency, and we of course don’t want that. Select silver, pewter, leather-bound glass, or well-made stainless steel containers to ensure not only the true taste of your contents remains intact, but also to maintain flask longevity over time. Keep a cheaper flask (plastic) for those voyages where your flask may be misplaced or disposed (security checks, long adventures, etc).
Please, do not use your flask as a means to show off. It is not a gentlemanly means to attract attention, however, you may encounter some instances where presenting your liquor stash is warranted.
Here are some times where having a quick taste will serve you well:
1. While enjoy a film after the lights have been dimmed.
2. During breaks at a laid back recreational event.
3. Cold weather. There’s nothing like a sip of alcohol to warm yourself up during those winter months.
4. During beach vibes or in the backseat of a taxi (or these days Uber).
5. Any sporting event. Make your viewing pleasure more enjoyable.
6. In the bathroom to calm your nerves before entering an appointment.
An additional use of flaskmanship: Use the contents of your vessel to add a bit of flavor to your companions afternoon or evening beverage choices.